Requirements to Enroll in Welding Classes:
• 18 years of age or older.
• a high school diploma, equivalent, or proof of enrollment in a H.S. Diploma program.
• ability to stand unassisted for 5-7 hours per day with steel toe boots on booth feet.
• ability to lift and carry 20lbs multiple times.
• ability to move hands with skill and coordination without pain or cramping.
• ability to read, write and understand English.
• acceptable vision or corrected vision. Color Blindness, legal blindness, problems with depth perception, and trifocal glasses will interfere with the ability to see the weld.
• Free from any medical conditions that would prevent safe participation in the activities involving welding and high electromagnetic energy.
Asthma – The grinding dust produced from welding has been known to aggravate preexisting Asthma. For further information, consult a doctor or other health care professional.
Criminal Record – CWC does not require a criminal background check to attend school.
Driver’s License – CWC does not require a valid drivers license to attend school..
Potential students are required to visit the school to discuss their employment goals with the staff to help determine which course(s) best suites them. Personal interviews by phone or in person are required for admission.